Church Office: 967-0470
Cahaba Heights United Methodist Church Preschool and Mother's Day Out is an extension of the church's whole ministry of caring for our community's children during the important formative years of development. Through a Christian atmosphere, and under the advisement of the Christian Education Committee, the purpose of our program is to provide a happy, loving and stimulating environment in which children will develop and maintain a positive self-image. We offer a curriculum using a variety of "hands-on" developmentally appropriate activities. We believe that children learn best "by doing". We teach prerequisite skills to academics through concrete learning experiences.
GOALS OF THE PROGRAM
CHUM Preschool and Mother's Day Out is a family-oriented program in a Christian environment. Here, each child will have the opportunity to learn how to:
1. Feel comfortable about being away from home.
2. Accept help and direction from adults.
3. Live in harmony with other children.
4. Value one's own rights and the rights of others.
5. Develop self-identity.
6. Develop language, listening skills, the ability to follow directions and learn to speak in songs, poems, and rhymes.
7. Strengthen physical skills by using large and small muscles.
8. Grow in ability to express inner feelings through music, movement, drama, and art.
Our teachers are selected by application to the Cahaba Heights United Methodist Church Preschool Committee on the basis of experience, education, Christian love and the ability to relate to the young child. Throughout the school year, teachers are required to attend workshops and other training events appropriate to continuing education in child development. The Preschool Resource Library offers numerous books and magazines to help teachers keep abreast of current educational trends and teaching techniques.
Policy may be changed at any time without prior notice. All changes will be posted on the parent bulletin board at the Preschool office. Notices of changes will also be sent home.